- 1The action or process of manufacturing or inventing something: the assembly and fabrication of electronic productsMore example sentences
invention, concoction, piece of fiction, fiction, falsification, falsity, lie, untruth, falsehood, fib, deception, made-up story, trumped-up story, fairy story/tale, cock and bull story, barefaced lie; (little) white lie, half-truth, exaggeration, prevarication, departure from the truth; yarn, story, red herring, rumour, myth, flight of fancy, figment of the imagination; pretence, pretext, sham, ruse, wile, trickery, stratagem• informal tall story, tall tale, whopper• humorous terminological inexactitude• vulgar slang bullshitAustralian/New Zealand • vulgar slang bulldustmanufacture, making, creation, production; construction, building, assembly, putting together, forming, fashioning, contriving, modelling, shaping, forging; erection, putting up, setting up, raising, elevation
- They can also be made directly into structural shapes during fabrication.
- In 1943, The Alloy Engineering Co. was founded to supply alloy fabrications for high-temperature industrial applications.
- Berkeley's innovation extended to the craft of costume fabrication.
- 1.1 [count noun] An invention; a lie: the story was a complete fabricationMore example sentences
- The very rationale of the exclusion at common law of a confession by a third party is the risk of fabrication.
- Simply asking about it seemed tantamount to an accusation of fabrication.
- The story, it was later revealed, was a fabrication.