Definition of face paint in English:
Bold-coloured paint used to decorate the face: they were wearing headdresses and face paint
More example sentences
- In its own way, as we shall see later on, the Fogg portrait similarly touches on the role played by cosmetics in defining identity and posits analogies between oil paint and face paint.
- Virgo sat up and rubbed his eyes, leaving a dark smudge of mascara and green face paint across his fingers.
- In the Amazon, native Amerindians wear face paint and traditional tunics.
- Example sentences
- The party in Dublin also featured games, puppet shows, face-painters and oodles of other treats but children were not the only special guests as there was also a big turn-out from the soft toy community for the annual teddy bears picnic.
- At the other end of the country, in Hertfordshire, The Grove is also doing the family thing in style, with circus entertainers, face-painters, acting workshops and presents for everyone.
- They will tour the zoo, then enjoy a special lunch with the chefs, and be entertained by clowns, stilt-walkers and face-painters.
- Example sentences
- Amid its various hotels and restaurants there are streets of stallholders offering face-painting, hair-braiding, retro photography and some original craftwork.
- The Daneshouse Trust Marquee hosted face-painting, sari dressing and henna painting, and there was a woodland festival in the park, including chainsaw sculpture, willow-weaving and wood-carving.
- An afternoon of games and face-painting is planned to celebrate the official opening at St James's Hospital, Leeds, tomorrow of the third national centre for the treatment of children's liver diseases.
Definition of face paint in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia