- The degree to which a procedure, especially a psychological test or assessment, appears effective in terms of its stated aims: there is a high reliance on face validity and relatively little systematic evaluation is carried outMore example sentences
- The scale has face validity as a measure of psychological distress.
- For any particular competency model, content and face validity are essentially subjective judgements.
- Measures like reading scores seem to possess face validity, in the sense that they appear to exhibit a correspondence with what they are measuring.
More definitions of face validityDefinition of face validity in:
- The US English dictionary