Definition of facelift in English:
1A cosmetic surgical operation to remove unwanted wrinkles by tightening the skin of the face.
- No longer is plastic surgery limited to facelifts and tummy tucks.
- A facelift can reduce saggy skin and wrinkles to produce a more alert and youthful appearance.
- The investigation comes after widespread concerns about more radical cosmetic surgery, such as facelifts and liposuction, which has resulted in a tightening of the law.
1.1A procedure carried out to improve the appearance of something: the station has undergone a multimillion pound facelift
More example sentences
- Bradford Council is to make The Grove a one-way street to motorists starting on Monday as it carries out a facelift on the popular shopping area.
- The UK's first prison ship for 200 years could be closed unless an expensive facelift is carried out.
- Clacton's maternity unit was due to reopen today after a major facelift to improve conditions for mothers and staff.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan