- 1 • dated Pornographic literature.More example sentences
- It also contains a number of quibbles or jeux de mots, and a still greater number of facetiae, idle and licentious stories.
- But a certain number, following in the footsteps of the Latin Facetiae, harbour a sense of wit and subtlety beneath apparent crudity.
- 2 • archaic Humorous or witty sayings.More example sentences
- The primary object of these anecdotes, facetiae and riddles was to occupy idle hours.
early 16th century: from Latin, plural of facetia 'jest', from facetus 'witty'.
More definitions of facetiaeDefinition of facetiae in:
- The US English dictionary