Definition of facilitate in English:
Make (an action or process) easy or easier: schools were located in the same campus to facilitate the sharing of resources
More example sentences
- So, this move has to be seen as a first step towards facilitating the process of computerisation.
- Moreover, online pharmacies can bolster patient compliance rates by facilitating the refill process.
- The data bank allows states to find out if a licence to practise has been revoked by another state and thus facilitates the licensing process.
make easy/easier, ease, make possible, make smooth/smoother, smooth, smooth the path of, smooth the way for, clear the way for, open the door for;
enable, assist, help, help along, aid, oil, oil the wheels of, lubricate, expedite, speed up, accelerate, forward, advance, promote, further, encourage;
- Example sentences
- In addition, he said the goals of chambers of commerce and progressive governments are highly complementary, as both entities seek to ensure a highly facilitative environment for conducting business.
- Another piece of evidence that supported the study was that male talk tends to be more referential or informative, while female talk is more supportive and facilitative.
- In fact, the role of the state, consistent with its position of neutrality, in these matters should be minimal and facilitative at the most.
- facilitatory adjective
- Example sentences
- ‘There is nothing wrong with Government involvement in agricultural markets, however its role should be facilitatory and non-discriminatory, transparent, consistent and known to all,’ he said.
- It would also be useful for future research to include paradigms involving startle modification by inhibitory and facilitatory prestimulation.
- In other words, the function of one organ could have facilitatory as well as inhibitory actions on other organs via their connections, namely meridians, blood, and qi (vital air).
Words that rhyme with facilitatehabilitate, militate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.