- (With reference to a number) resolve or be resolvable into factors: [with object]: all matrices can be factorized [no object]: f factorizes completely into linear factorsMore example sentences
- In this paper we use the basic Sanderson and Marchini model for transtension where the bulk strain can easily be factorized into pure shear and simple shear components.
- According to Poorter and Nagel, it can be factorized into two components.
- More example sentences
- Following this revelation, perhaps we shouldn't be too hasty to rule out the possibility that there is also a simple algorithm for factorization that has similarly been overlooked.
- In fact al-Farisi's approach is based on the unique factorisation of an integer into powers of prime numbers, and, according to Rashed, he states and attempts to prove this, the so-called fundamental theorem of arithmetic, in this work.
- The integer 6,036, for instance, has the prime factorization 2 x 2 x 3 x 503, and 6 + 0 + 3 + 6 = 2 + 2 + 3 + 5 + 0 + 3.
More definitions of factorizeDefinition of factorize in:
- The US English dictionary