(chiefly North American also factory outlet)
- A shop in which goods, especially surplus stock, are sold directly by the manufacturers at a discount.More example sentences
- Our first stop was the Camper factory shop, where the famous flatties sell for a fraction of their retail price in the UK.
- The company began to sell carpets and rugs direct to customers in the area from its factory shop after it rose from the ashes, and this aspect of the business has become just as important as the commercial side.
- An Eden firm has set up its own factory outlet to cope with the popularity of its range of garden pots and ornaments.
More definitions of factory shopDefinition of factory shop in:
- The US English dictionary