- Waste matter remaining after food has been digested, discharged from the bowels; excrement.More example sentences
excrement, bodily waste, waste matter, ordure, dung, manure, scat; excreta, stools, droppings; dirt, filth, muck, messNorth American • informal poop• archaic night soil
- Adenovirus is spread by contact with infected feces, urine or respiratory droplets.
- Furthermore, the attenuated virus is excreted in the faeces, leading to herd immunity.
- The fungus is a common soil contaminant being excreted in feces of several birds particularly pigeons.
- More example sentences
- He also recommended checking a stool sample for ova and parasites, and for fecal leukocytes.
- Typhoid fever is spread by fecal contamination of drinking water or food, or by person to person contact.
- Food and water contaminated with fecal matter are the main sources of infection.
late Middle English: from Latin, plural of faex 'dregs'.