- 1In a faint manner; indistinctly: she smiled faintlyMore example sentences
- All glasses on the bridges were turned on the Germans, now very faintly to be seen on the horizon.
- A black cloth was draped on the large cross above the organ in the center of the sanctuary, faintly illuminated.
- I can see Kirriemuir, barely two miles distant, only faintly through the rain.
- 1.1 [as submodifier] Slightly: his faintly ridiculous airMore example sentences
- Just weeks ago, I considered marriage education a faintly embarrassing process.
- She sits across from me, looking directly at me, her faintly defiant stare a mild puzzle.
- Nevertheless, there are a couple of faintly serious questions here.