- Impartial in judgement; just: a fair-minded employerMore example sentences
fair, just, even-handed, equitable, egalitarian, impartial, non-partisan, non-discriminatory, unbiased, unprejudiced, open-minded, objective, dispassionate, unselfish, with no axe to grind; honest, honourable, trustworthy, upright, decent• informal on the levelNorth American • informal on the up and up
- Once he arrived at Acre, he showed himself to be fair-minded, generous and impartial in his dealings with the barons.
- He said the union did deal with fair-minded employers, but the results of the survey were not in line with his experiences.
- Thus far it seems to me that no fair-minded person could properly object.
- More example sentences
- In the meantime I had been quizzed, scrutinised and repeatedly asked to testify to my fair-mindedness and incorruptibility, with an insistence that began to make me feel unworthy: I was not putting in for canonisation, after all.
- It then demonstrates its sophistication and fair-mindedness by acknowledging the objections to its thesis.
- And it's illustrative of his open-mindedness, his fair-mindedness.