- An external metal or plastic structure added to increase streamlining on a high-performance car, motorcycle, boat, or aircraft: there were lights set into the fairing at the front of the bikeMore example sentences
- The wing fairing and the associated structure have been installed on the forward fuselage section.
- Years later when the definitive fin/rudder was retrofitted to this aircraft, these fairings remained unchanged.
- Each tank is fitted with a gravity fuelling point and there is a pressure refuelling point in the landing gear fairing on the starboard side.
- A small present bought at a fair.More example sentences
- A more usual derivation, from the other spelling, is that it comes from Care or Carle Sunday, in the way, suggests Brand, that presents from fairs are called fairlings, or as we should say, fairings.