- A ring mounted on a boat to guide a rope, keeping it clear of obstructions and preventing it from cutting or chafing.More example sentences
- As your boat veers, will your lines, bow-roller, cleats and fairleads stay in place under thousands of pounds of athwartship load?
- Towards the edge of the deck are a pair of mooring bollards and a fairlead.
- For example, a hoop-shaped piece of metal fastened to the deck (picture an upside-down ‘U’) is a fairlead if you use it to guide a line running through it.
More definitions of fairleadDefinition of fairlead in:
- The US English dictionary