- A circular area of grass that is darker in colour than the surrounding grass due to the growth of certain fungi. They were popularly believed to have been caused by fairies dancing.More example sentences
- One of many other theories suggests that the carvings, and Stonehenge itself, represent sacred or ceremonial mushrooms, reminiscent of a fairy ring.
- The fairy ring (Champignon Marasmius oreades) appears between July and November and is very difficult to remove.
- She spied him in his gray cloak, standing on the hummock in the fairy ring, and ran to him, calling his name.
More definitions of fairy ringDefinition of fairy ring in:
- The US English dictionary