Definition of fairy story in English:
1A children’s tale about magical and imaginary beings and lands.
- Still, this is a fairy story so something magical is bound to occur.
- This fine poem captures the core of our experience of death through striking images, which remain in the mind like a fairy story about evil remains with a child.
- As a fairy story, illustrated with children's book animation, it follows tradition - the nice magician and the (not too) nasty magician battle it out for the king and queen's favour.
1.1An untrue account: they deserve honest treatment, not fairy stories
More example sentences
- After contacting them, as they never do you, contrary to the agreement, you are treated to apologies and `fairy stories' that it will not happen again.
- Of course it does, and the 'fairy stories' turn into lies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan