1A children’s tale about magical and imaginary beings and lands.
- Still, this is a fairy story so something magical is bound to occur.
- This fine poem captures the core of our experience of death through striking images, which remain in the mind like a fairy story about evil remains with a child.
- As a fairy story, illustrated with children's book animation, it follows tradition - the nice magician and the (not too) nasty magician battle it out for the king and queen's favour.
1.1An untrue account: they deserve honest treatment, not fairy stories
More example sentences
- After contacting them, as they never do you, contrary to the agreement, you are treated to apologies and `fairy stories' that it will not happen again.
- Of course it does, and the 'fairy stories' turn into lies.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: fairy story
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.