Definition of faith healing in English:
Healing achieved by religious belief and prayer, rather than by medical treatment.
- When an alleged cure by faith healing occurs in a religious context it is usually called a miracle.
- A couple of sections are dedicated to folk remedies and faith healing.
- Articles on feng shui, crystal therapy, iridology, colonic irrigation, herbalism and faith healing sweep the media every week.
faith healer noun
- Example sentences
- It is therefore forbidden to resort to any idolatrous faith healer or shrine, even when one is dangerously ill and a psychological cure may be effected.
- And of course then they will go to different extremes than we would, they may go to a shaman, they may go to a faith healer looking for a way through this and to resolve the issue.
- The male lead character starts off as an angry man, in a marriage that is no longer working, but he undergoes a spiritual conversion after meeting a faith healer.
Definition of faith healing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan