- A dish of Mexican origin consisting of strips of spiced beef or chicken, chopped vegetables, and grated cheese, wrapped in a soft tortilla and often served with sour cream.More example sentences
- In chapter after chapter he uncovers the stories and origins of the combination plates, the yellow cheese enchilada, fajitas, tamales, candies and slushy margaritas.
- They also served a number of Mexican dishes like fajitas and enchiladas.
- Next up is a Mexican section preparing chicken, beef or pork fajitas, plus tostadas, Veracruz style fish, stuffed bell peppers and refried beans, with many Mexican sauces and condiments to go with them.
Mexican Spanish, literally 'little strips'.
More definitions of fajitasDefinition of fajitas in:
- The US English dictionary