Definition of fakie in English:
noun (plural fakies)
(In skateboarding or snowboarding) a movement in which the board is ridden backwards.
- I didn't even bring my board out of the car; I might have gotten shot for only doing three-flip blunt fakies in the deep end.
- Fletcher says its easier to come out of this in a fakie (backwards).
- The BigSpin is a 360 Shove-It, from a fakie, with a 180 Body Varial in the same direction as the Shove-It.
adverbBack to top
With a movement in which the board is ridden backwards: once you can do it forwards, try it fakie
More example sentences
- As he approaches the end of the box, he begins to turn his body and board another 90 degrees frontside. As he does this, he unweights and gives the tail a little push to get it around, and comes down solidly, rolling fakie.
- Finally, he puts the front wheels down, his weight centered over the board, and rides away fakie.
- He finished the last 90 degrees centered perfectly on his board, rolling fakie, and head for the opposite wall.
Definition of fakie in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.