Definition of falconet in English:
1 historical A light cannon.
- The falconets and rockets have the same damage against infrantry...Why use factories to produce rockets if the falconets do the same damage?
- When your army is in battle and that army includes falconets, be sure to have your falconets firing on the enemy infantry at all times.
2A very small falcon of Asia and South America, typically having bold black-and-white plumage.
- Genus Microhierax (and Spiziapteryx), family Falconidae: six species
- Falconidae contains 11 genera and 64 species, and is divided into two subfamilies, Polyborinae (caracaras and forest-falcons) and Falconinae (true falcons and falconets).
- The only confirmed predators of treeswifts are Asian falconets, although there are almost certainly additional predators (snakes, for example, are likely predators).
- Until you spot a long-limbed, regal caracara or a cute, little falconet, you haven't met the whole Falconidae family.
Definition of falconet in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.