noun (plural same or fallfishes)
- A North American freshwater fish resembling the chub.
More example sentences
- Semotilus corporalis, family Cyprinidae
- Fallfish are the largest members of the Minnow family in the Northeast. Fallfish reach size typically between 12 to 18 inches long.
- Fallfish feed primarily on insects and fishes. They spawn in the spring over gravel in flowing streams. The male builds and defends stone mound nests that can be over five feet in diameter.
More definitions of fallfishDefinition of fallfish in:
- The US English dictionary