- archaic term for epilepsy.More example sentences
- Because of this health department notice, TV stations will have to suspend medical treatment adverts for certain illnesses such as venereal diseases, psoriasis, HIV / AIDS, cancer, falling sickness and vertigo.
- The Chinese translation of epilepsy is Dian, meaning falling sickness, and epileptic attack is Xian, meaning convulsion.
- Epilepsy, ‘the falling sickness,’ was one of the most feared and least well understood problems in early New England, as it was throughout the world.
More definitions of falling sicknessDefinition of falling sickness in:
- The US English dictionary