(also false hellebore)
- A herbaceous plant of the lily family which resembles a helleborine, with pleated leaves and a tall dense spike of small flowers, found in north temperate regions.
More example sentences
- Genus Veratrum, family Liliaceae: many species
- Nonephemerals that bloom during the summer or fall are Canada lily, false hellebore, and species of aster, goldenrod, and sunflower.
- Plants of false hellebores (Veratrum) and death camas (Zigadenus) have complex alkaloids of similar structure and cause livestock deaths in the western United States.
More definitions of false helleborineDefinition of false helleborine in:
- The US English dictionary