- A bible designed to be used at family prayers, typically one with space on its flyleaves for recording important family events.More example sentences
- Important occasions like births, baptisms, confirmations, marriages and deaths were carefully recorded in their big black family bibles.
- After Tom's death, his name is written inside the cover of the family bible where dates of birth, marriage, and death are all recorded.
- He also looks at the genealogy in the family bible that shows his parents crossed out.
More definitions of family bibleDefinition of family bible in:
- The US English dictionary