- The research revealed 41 per cent of the UK's small businesses established before 1980 are named after a family name.
- We thought they had our family name, but apparently they both have different surnames.
- When Henne's daughter was born, she wished to give her daughter the family name, Brinton, the family name of the girl's biological father, who the petitioner was not legally married to.
1.1A family’s good reputation: he won’t disgrace the family name
More example sentences
- It also displayed the power that the rich had over the poor and to what lengths people would go to keep their reputation and their family name respected.
- They were not going to let a small child, a small girl who was insignificant and worth nothing go around disrupting the order and disgracing their family name.
- His eldest and most honored son had disgraced the ancient family name, exposing it to ridicule.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: fam¦ily name
Definition of family name in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.