Definition of family room in English:
1British A room in a pub in which children are allowed, in the company of an adult or adults.
- Prior to [the smoking ban], the "Ancient Mariners" would have a permanent haze of smoke hanging over it, not nice for the lungs, clothes, or for eating-so your only choice was to go outside or sit in the "Family Room".
- The pub has recently undergone some renovation bringing the family room up to date and improving access for wheelchair users.
2North American A living room used by all family members for recreation and relaxation.
- There are three reception rooms inside the house - a sitting room, a family room and a large living room - the latter leads onto a patio to the rear garden.
- Sam showed them the two kitchens, the big dinner table, the music room, the living room, the family room, and a lot of the other rooms.
- As well as four bedrooms, it boasts two bathrooms, three reception rooms and a family room, as well as assorted halls, pantries and studies.
Definition of family room in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.