- 1 • informal Excellently: we got on famouslyMore example sentences
- The players got on famously, becoming the first team in 11 years to put three past Brazil.
- So Angus talked as though to a lecture room of students, and from then on, he and Duncan got on famously.
- It should be noted that Schmeling was himself never a Nazi: he had a Jewish manager, and they got along famously.
- 2In a way that is widely known: they have famously reclusive lifestylesMore example sentences
- Malick is a famously reclusive figure who never gives interviews and seems to disappear off the face of the planet for years at a time.
- This is a famously livable city, and its residents tend to be famously smug about the fact.
- Margaret Thatcher once famously remarked that anyone over the age of 30 who was still using buses was a failure.
More definitions of famouslyDefinition of famously in:
- The US English dictionary