A palm with large lobed fan-shaped leaves.
- Chamaerops and other genera, family Palmae: many species, including the dwarf (or European) fan palm (C. humilis), which is the only palm native to Europe
More example sentences
- The Trachycarpus fortunei from China is also a fan palm but smaller than the European Fan Palm.
- As was typical in Victorian times, palm trees were a prominent feature of the landscape, and one such lofty California fan palm, Washington filifera, soars more than 130 feet above the garden.
- Exotic plants, such as this Mexican fan palm, are available at garden centers and home improvement stores.
Definition of fan palm in:
- The US English dictionary