noun• informal , often • derogatory
- 1A woman’s lover: it’s not right she should be flouncing around with her fancy manMore example sentences
- ‘And to cap it all, Ephesia has got herself a fancy man,’ he might have added.
- She only told Arthur, but didn't twig that her new fancy man is a journalist.
- In the seven part series - already being hailed a hit - Rebecca's 16-year-old character makes moves on her mother's alcoholic fancy man Frank, causing all sorts of trouble.
- 1.1 • archaic A pimp.More example sentences
- She falls for the guy who everyone knows is a fancy man, and now she's all upset.
- A prostitute attempts to make him her "fancy man." Finally he becomes a rich girl's "companion."
More definitions of fancy manDefinition of fancy man in:
- The US English dictionary