- 1Showing a prudent awareness of future possibilities: far-sighted ideas on educationMore example sentences
- He continued: ‘This is obviously a very far-sighted and visionary idea but one that will require a great deal of prayer, research and careful thought.’
- The idea was far-sighted and enterprising but failed to eventuate because the project was too ambitious and needed large sums of money.
- This is a far-sighted idea that should be lauded.
- 2North American Long-sighted.More example sentences
- Clara, already a little far-sighted, held it at arm's length.
- ‘As we age and get more far-sighted there should be a better result for heads-up displays, but right now we really don't know which is better,’ he says.
- Near- and far-sighted people alike can tell you about the nuances of falling asleep in daily-wear lenses and wiping sweat residue from glasses after aerobics.
- More example sentences
- These changes are perfect examples of the far-sightedness of our Founding Fathers, and evidence of the adaptability and flexibility of our Constitution.
- This guy's far-sightedness reaches beyond that time scale.
- In a further example of far-sightedness, the scheme has been extended to take in people arrested for non-drug offences.