1Distant in space or time: exotic and faraway locations
More example sentences
- He hears of men going to wars, but it is always a distant thing in a faraway place for him.
- While working full-time at the BBC, I spent about four years flying to quite faraway places to film on location.
- Golf is a game of wide open spaces and, increasingly, faraway places.
1.1Seeming remote from one’s immediate surroundings: she had a faraway look in her eyes
More example sentences
- The majority of dancers, in an attempt to obscure the reality, push this theme to some faraway corner of the brain.
- Perhaps he spoke to me, perhaps not, everything sounded distant and faraway.
- Jim stared at it a long moment, his eyes taking on a faraway, distant look.
Words that rhyme with farawayaffray, agley, aka, allay, Angers, A-OK, appellation contrôlée, array, assay, astray, au fait, auto-da-fé, away, aweigh, aye, bay, belay, betray, bey, Bombay, Bordet, boulevardier, bouquet, brae, bray, café au lait, Carné, cassoulet, Cathay, chassé, chevet, chez, chiné, clay, convey, Cray, crème brûlée, crudités, cuvée, cy-pres, day, decay, deejay, dégagé, distinguée, downplay, dray, Dufay, Dushanbe, eh, embay, engagé, essay, everyday, fay, fey, flay, fray, Frey, fromage frais, gainsay, Gaye, Genet, giclee, gilet, glissé, gray, grey, halfway, hay, heigh, hey, hooray, Hubei, Hué, hurray, inveigh, jay, jeunesse dorée, José, Kay, Kaye, Klee, Kray, Lae, lay, lei, Littré, Lough Neagh, lwei, Mae, maguey, Malay, Mallarmé, Mandalay, Marseilles, may, midday, midway, mislay, misplay, Monterrey, Na-Dene, nay, né, née, neigh, Ney, noway, obey, O'Dea, okay, olé, outlay, outplay, outstay, outweigh, oyez, part-way, pay, Pei, per se, pince-nez, play, portray, pray, prey, purvey, qua, Quai d'Orsay, Rae, rangé, ray, re, reflet, relevé, roman-à-clef, Santa Fé, say, sei, Shar Pei, shay, slay, sleigh, sley, spae, spay, Spey, splay, spray, stay, straightaway, straightway, strathspey, stray, Sui, survey, sway, Taipei, Tay, they, today, tokay, Torbay, Tournai, trait, tray, trey, two-way, ukiyo-e, underlay, way, waylay, Wei, weigh, wey, Whangarei, whey, yea
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: far|away
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.