- Relating to or resembling farce, especially because of absurd or ridiculous aspects: he considered the whole idea farcical a farcical situationMore example sentences
ridiculous, preposterous, ludicrous, absurd, laughable, risible, nonsensical; futile, senseless, pointless, useless, vain, in vain, to no avail, ineffectual; silly, foolish, idiotic, stupid, imbecilic, asinine, hare-brainedmadcap, zany, slapstick, comic, comical, clownish, light-hearted, humorous, amusing, chucklesome, droll, witty, entertaining; hilarious, uproarious, hysterical, hysterically funny
- In some areas closures are already beginning to affect the quality of treatment, producing some farcical situations.
- Lots of farcical situations arise, which it would be unsporting to divulge.
- Don't take the spotlight off this farcical situation until the offenders are arrested.
- More example sentences
- It took the greatest film ever made and trashed it in a way that was on one level farcically stupid and on another level absolutely unforgivable.
- There is too much mugging, too many knowing nods and winks to the audience, something which starts to feel more cloyingly tragic than farcically comic.
- It's not just bad and wrong - it's farcically, historically disastrous.