- Consisting of or containing starch: farinaceous foodsMore example sentences
- But slaves were given only 4-6 qt of farinaceous food weekly if their provision grounds proved unproductive.
- The Japanese cook their noodles thoroughly, but these had taken on the white edge farinaceous food gets when left sitting in liquid for a long time.
- Dropped dumplings are usually made using a protein or farinaceous mixture that is fortified and lightened.
mid 17th century: from late Latin farinaceus, from farina.
More definitions of farinaceousDefinition of farinaceous in:
- The US English dictionary