Definition of farrier in English:
A smith who shoes horses.
- He worked as a farrier, shoeing horses at the Middleburg training track and the surrounding area.
- Then too, teamsters, stable boys, and farriers were all needed to tend the horses.
- There has been a shortage of farriers to shoe the thousands of both thoroughbred and sport horses in the country.
- Example sentences
- It costs me about $40 each a week to feed them, and that's just basics: hay and hard pea, and that doesn't even take into consideration the vet expenses, the farriery.
- The profession of farriery nearly disappeared with the advent of automobiles and tractors.
Definition of farrier in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan