Definition of fasciated in English:
Showing abnormal fusion of parts or organs, resulting in a flattened ribbon-like structure.
- One out of three putative double mutants that were transferred to soil developed a fasciated stem and a structure similar to an aerial rosette (data not shown).
- The fasciated stem extended in one plane, and the phyllotaxy of floral primordia was irregular.
- They take cutting material from it and produce completely fasciated plants, such as the Stags Horn Ash and the conifer Cryptomeria japonica fasciata.
- Example sentences
- These unstable phenotypes that varied between siblings included widely variable flower morphology, stem fasciation, variation in rosette leaves, and anthocyanin variegation of the stem.
- The only reference I could find to the phenomenon in a modern textbook was in a handbook of ill health in trees, where fasciation is described as ‘a usually transitory curiosity’.
- Its unusual twisted stems are broad and flattened at their ends, a genetic condition botanists know as fasciation.
Definition of fasciated in:
- US English dictionary