Definition of fascinator in English:
1A woman’s light, decorative headpiece consisting of feathers, flowers, beads, etc. attached to a comb or hair clip.
- "Did you know that I'm wearing a substantial fascinator," she slurs.
- I must state at this stage that I was concerned that the fascinator—a funny little hat that looked like an elaborate TV aerial—would change the channel of my on-board telly in the limo.
- I was excited to think that I could get all dressed up and wear my new fascinator and see her and partake in the social activities, the champagne drinking, etc.
2A fascinating person.
- It is a performance that convinces you it is wrong to play the part as though the men's perceptions of her as a destructive fascinator were self-evidently correct.
- Her currency and collateral is all invested in that optimum opportunistic split-second of youth, and she has none of the sexpertise that sees many fascinators well into old age.
- She was under the impression that she was a fascinator.
Definition of fascinator in:
- US English dictionary