Definition of fascinator in English:
1A woman’s light, decorative headpiece consisting of feathers, flowers, beads, etc. attached to a comb or hair clip.
- "Did you know that I'm wearing a substantial fascinator," she slurs.
- I must state at this stage that I was concerned that the fascinator—a funny little hat that looked like an elaborate TV aerial—would change the channel of my on-board telly in the limo.
- I was excited to think that I could get all dressed up and wear my new fascinator and see her and partake in the social activities, the champagne drinking, etc.
2A fascinating person.
- It is a performance that convinces you it is wrong to play the part as though the men's perceptions of her as a destructive fascinator were self-evidently correct.
- Her currency and collateral is all invested in that optimum opportunistic split-second of youth, and she has none of the sexpertise that sees many fascinators well into old age.
- She was under the impression that she was a fascinator.
Definition of fascinator in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan