Definition of fastigium in English:
1The apex or summit of something.
- In most cases the eruptive fever is divided into two sections, a moderately febrile stage and a fastigium or acme.
- The tendency for late sequelae to appear increases up to the fourth year, which represents a fastigium after which there is a decrease in the probability.
1.1 Architecture The ridge or gable end of a roof.
- The fastigium was altered in the early eighteenth century by the substitution of panels of ornamental motifs for porphyry panels in the smaller squares.
- Interestingly, the report alleges that the fastigium was decorated with two groups of statues.
- A fastigium of silver probably spanned above the chord of the apse.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.