Definition of fastigium in English:
1The apex or summit of something.
- The tendency for late sequelae to appear increases up to the fourth year, which represents a fastigium after which there is a decrease in the probability.
- In most cases the eruptive fever is divided into two sections, a moderately febrile stage and a fastigium or acme.
1.1 Architecture The ridge or gable end of a roof.
- A fastigium of silver probably spanned above the chord of the apse.
- Interestingly, the report alleges that the fastigium was decorated with two groups of statues.
- The fastigium was altered in the early eighteenth century by the substitution of panels of ornamental motifs for porphyry panels in the smaller squares.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan