Definition of fastigium in English:
1The apex or summit of something.
- The tendency for late sequelae to appear increases up to the fourth year, which represents a fastigium after which there is a decrease in the probability.
- In most cases the eruptive fever is divided into two sections, a moderately febrile stage and a fastigium or acme.
1.1 Architecture The ridge or gable end of a roof.
- A fastigium of silver probably spanned above the chord of the apse.
- Interestingly, the report alleges that the fastigium was decorated with two groups of statues.
- The fastigium was altered in the early eighteenth century by the substitution of panels of ornamental motifs for porphyry panels in the smaller squares.