noun (plural fatalities)
- 1An occurrence of death by accident, in war, or from disease: 80 per cent of pedestrian fatalities occur in built-up areasMore example sentences
- In contrast, road accident fatalities only occur because of an unexpected event.
- Future fatalities and accidents can be avoided, so when can the improvement work start?
- I can barely think of any main road in our city which is not blighted by accidents and fatalities.
- 2 [mass noun] Helplessness in the face of fate: a sense of fatality gripped herMore example sentences
- They address matters of fate, fatality and finality with yet more weight and wit.
- There's a certain sense of fatality to it and there's no hope for you.
- Here-like the other sites-there was a sense of fatality about the redundancies that had occurred.