noun (plural fathers-in-law)
- The father of one’s husband or wife.More example sentences
- It will have to be signed by his wife, his father-in-law and his father jointly.
- She murders both her father-in-law and her husband before being deported to Siberia.
- Acts of defiance or insubordination by women toward their husbands, fathers-in-law, or other senior male relatives can result in beatings from male relatives, especially one's husband.
More definitions of father-in-lawDefinition of father-in-law in:
- The US English dictionary