Definition of fatherly in English:
Relating to, resembling, or characteristic of a father, especially in being protective and affectionate: he gave me such a kind and fatherly look
More example sentences
- This is commendable because the children will continue to have fatherly care, protection and support.
- Paul was taken aback by the fatherly protective instincts that seemed to well up from deep inside him.
- He's being fatherly and affectionate, and I can tell she's soaking it up, so I won't join them.
- Example sentences
- It held the friendly fatherliness, the smooth steel of command.
- These were not her people, and she was far from home, and no amount of fatherliness or motherliness could make it so.
- As I was mulling over the fatherliness of the butler's smile, Sara had given a low throaty laugh, stepped up to Dayne, laced her red talons through his blond hair, and pressed her lips on his.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan