1A line on a rock surface or the ground that traces a geological fault.
- The world's only accurate detection system today is spread along the three major underwater fault lines in the Northeastern Pacific Ocean.
- The India plate dove under the Burma plate some 50 feet, causing a fault line 750 miles long.
- Each year, thousands of tremors of various degrees of intensity are recorded on that fault line.
1.1A divisive issue or difference of opinion that is likely to have serious consequences: religion is now the great fault line of American politics
More example sentences
- Nevertheless, the provisional results reveal deep divisions across ethnic fault lines.
- Our ongoing cultural encounter with the gray is, at the very least, emblematic of fault lines in the contemporary culture.
- To consolidate democracy, he said, " we need a nation which has been able to overcome its historic fault-lines ".
Definition of fault line in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.