Definition of fault-finding in English:
1Continual criticism, typically concerning trivial things: the traditional manager will attempt to get results by fault-finding
More example sentences
- Planetary placements are definitely Virgo-friendly at present so why squander them on fault-finding and criticising?
- When you have to confront your child, avoid blaming, criticizing, or fault-finding, which undermine self-esteem and can lead to resentment.
- Your personality has a much more critical and fault-finding tone.
2The investigation of the cause of malfunction in machinery, especially electronic equipment.
- The incredibly helpful error message of ‘an unidentified error has occurred’ isn't exactly helpful when it comes to fault-finding and trouble-shooting either.
- I do a lot of fault-finding on the jets - it's highly-skilled work.
- Copies of a new health book that looks like a car manual, offering a no-nonsense guide to fault-finding and fixing, are being handed out.
- Example sentences
- There are fault-finders in the world who live to bicker.
- He was a great fault-finder [yet he] found no fault with himself.
- You are a fault-finder who must correct other people when they are wrong.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia