- For want of a better alternative: women often couldn’t pay the fines, and sheriffs could end up imprisoning them faute de mieuxMore example sentences
- But he paints a poignant picture: his sticking to his circle, faute de mieux, is presumably a direct consequence of the events that have defined his short and turbulent life.
- It has reached the point now where he is regarded faute de mieux in some quarters as an acceptable guarantor of stability in an inherently unstable and fragmented country.
- Although nebulous - even logically suspect - these concepts provided, faute de mieux, the tools for deriving the great wealth of results the calculus had made possible.
More definitions of faute de mieuxDefinition of faute de mieux in:
- The US English dictionary