- A Brazilian shack or shanty town; a slum: rapidly growing populations in the favelas of the great urban centresMore example sentences
- However, Brazilian jiu-jitsu evolved into its own distinct style, incorporating techniques honed in the rough favelas of the big cities.
- The endless favelas in the major cities are a daily reminder to Brazilians of the tremendous social ills that plague their country.
- However, she argues that it is reflective of the particular forms of male visions of sexuality and desire that are present in places like the Brazilian favelas.
More definitions of favelaDefinition of favela in:
- The US English dictionary