Definition of fawning in English:
Displaying exaggerated flattery or affection; obsequious: fawning adoration fawning interviews with Hollywood celebs
More example sentences
- Then he saw a young man come to the entrance of the courtyard, the swineherds dogs fawning upon him.
- Inside I was annoyed he wasn't fawning all over me.
- The Roman satirists savagely expose the fawning homage heaped upon the childless rich.
- Example sentences
- There's a lot of great music here, along with a 120-page book that fawningly recounts the history of the band and provides a track-by-track commentary from them.
- When the dissident ‘good news’ scientist spoke to a conservative Washington think tank he was applauded not merely rapturously, but fawningly.
- Women threw themselves at him, of course, but they would not have done so had he not exuded some perverse invitation to emotional excess in which they were fawningly complicit.