- A black or brown mineral which is an iron-rich form of olivine and occurs in many igneous rocks.More example sentences
- These minerals occur with manganoan fayalite and manganoan magnetite in a single sample.
- Several pools of syenitic magma were separated from the main body of the melt, each eventually being emplaced as quartz syenite, fayalite granite, and riebeckite granite.
- Associated with the fayalite are quartz, amphibole, and magnetite.
mid 19th century: from Fayal (the name of an island in the Azores) + -ite1.
More definitions of fayaliteDefinition of fayalite in:
- The US English dictionary