- The action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue: his campaign for re-election was based on fearmongering and deceptionMore example sentences
- I deeply resent being lied to by our government to win support for its dangerous, fear-mongering policies.
- Alas, I cannot say how much is due to media fear-mongering.
- The organization generated over $200 million in contributions in 2000, mostly through fear-mongering.
More definitions of fearmongeringDefinition of fearmongering in:
- The US English dictionary