Definition of feather bed in English:
A bed that has a mattress stuffed with feathers.
- Another option is a fluffy feather bed that adds some extra cushion to the mattress and some warmth to the nighttime.
- Will I get running water, a nice feather bed, perhaps a private stash of rum?
- Before retiring to your cozy feather bed in the antiques-filled 1902 house, slip out to the gazebo-screened hot tub (robe and slippers provided).
verbBack to top
(feather-bed) [with object] chiefly British Provide (someone) with excessively favourable economic or working conditions: apart from the fees he earns, a practising barrister is not feather-bedded in any way
More example sentences
- We are feather-bedding them all at our expense!
- One said: ‘Why should he be feather-bedded when they've already missed one target launch date?’
- You cannot expect people to feather-bed these public sector employees while being robbed blind by spendthrift councils and Government taxes.
Definition of feather bed in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.