Definition of feather bed in English:
A bed that has a mattress stuffed with feathers.
- Another option is a fluffy feather bed that adds some extra cushion to the mattress and some warmth to the nighttime.
- Will I get running water, a nice feather bed, perhaps a private stash of rum?
- Before retiring to your cozy feather bed in the antiques-filled 1902 house, slip out to the gazebo-screened hot tub (robe and slippers provided).
verbBack to top
(feather-bed) [with object] chiefly British Provide (someone) with excessively favourable economic or working conditions: apart from the fees he earns, a practising barrister is not feather-bedded in any way
More example sentences
- We are feather-bedding them all at our expense!
- One said: ‘Why should he be feather-bedded when they've already missed one target launch date?’
- You cannot expect people to feather-bed these public sector employees while being robbed blind by spendthrift councils and Government taxes.
Definition of feather bed in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan