- 1A long-handled brush with a head made of feathers, used for dusting.More example sentences
- One of the most useful things in my cupboards (again from my mum) is a feather duster - they're great for getting to those hard-to-reach places, such as the curtain rail.
- Later, when the plants are taller and stronger, you can brush them lightly with a feather duster to continue the encouragement of sturdy stems.
- They'd cleared everything out pretty well; the only things they'd missed were a feather duster in the utility cupboard and a trowel stuck through the rafters in the shed.
- 2 (also feather duster worm) US another term for fan worm.More example sentences
- But he cherishes the occasional feather duster, a small tube worm that opens from live rock or other housing into a red and white umbrella of feathery tentacles, sifting the water for planktonic food.
- Christmas tree worms and feather dusters sprouted from many coral heads.
- We swam in the cool waters through thousands of shimmering silverlings, counted multicoloured Christmas tree plumes, encountered sea fans, feather dusters, and the islands' oldest brain coral in the crystal-clear waters.
More definitions of feather dusterDefinition of feather duster in:
- The US English dictionary