- 1(Of a bird) covered with feathers: [in combination]: black-feathered ostrichesMore example sentences
- Not feathered bird wings, but scaled, strong wings.
- Conventional feathered chickens often died of heat in such enclosures.
- He suggested recently that flight arose from arm movements intended to push a bird (or a feathered dinosaur) into the ground rather than lift it up.
- 1.1Decorated with feathers: a feathered hatMore example sentences
- The rest of the party consists of two groups of men in full formal dress - feathered hats, swords, fluffy neckties and sleeves, and shiny buckle shoes.
- An elite group of warriors, the Dogs wore their feathered hats depicting their status as the bravest of the brave, men who pinned their sashes to the earth and stood their ground in battle, even to the death.
- The exhibition includes hats worn at these events, including the feathered hat worn at the christening of Prince William in 1982.
More definitions of featheredDefinition of feathered in:
- The US English dictionary